August 25, 2016

ROMANIA IN 4 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!‏

BUNA ZIUA FAMILIA MEA. Wow. Holy cow. I will be in Romania in LESS THAN A WEEK. IN ONLY 4 DAYS! WOWIE. 

This week was great. SO GREAT! WE GOT OUR FLIGHT PLANS ON FRIDAY! So that was very exciting. But not even the highlight of the week. I SWEAR this place is slightly heaven. A little glimpse to what the celestial kingdom will be like, except I will be able to see all of your smiling faces everyday and talk to you more than once a week :) haha 

So one thing I noticed this week was that my faith was lacking a little...so I said a quick prayer during personal study and I found an AWESOME scripture that really helped me see faith and trust in a new way. Ezekiel 2:9 - "when I looked" is the key phrase that I picked up on. WE need to turn to the Lord. His hand is always extended - ALWAYS - but we have to make sure that we're looking for it. Does that make sense? Hopefully?! It really helped me see that if I want to grow in faith and trust in the Lord that I need to put some effort in. I need to be looking and recognizing His hand in my life :) SO that's another goal to add to the never ending list of improvements!

CAN I JUST SAY AGAIN HOW MUCH I LOVE MY TEACHERS. Seriously. Angels sent from heaven. We do this thing called coaching and again I was having a rough day. But then Fratele Simmons came to the rescue. He did a little speed round coaching with each of us. He told me some things that honestly were straight from Heavenly Father. Because he is in-tune with the Spirit, he was able to help me out. I've really learned that here. HOW important it is to ALWAYS have the Spirit with us. And that's possible. In our baptismal covenants, Heavenly Father doesn't promise to give us the Spirit sometimes or just when we need it. He has promised to give us His Spirit ALWAYS if we keep up our end of the deal. I invite you to go and read Mosiah 18:8-10 for a quick refresher about what promises you've made with God :) 

Elder Holland gave a super awesome devotional a year ago that they play on Sunday nights here in the MTC called "Open Your Mouth". Really inspiring. He challenged all the missionaries to go and find 20 "open your mouth" scriptures. So I want everyone to do that and then share two or three with me, so I can add them to my long list haha :)

OKAY BUT THE REAL HIGHLIGHT WAS TUESDAY NIGHT DEVOTIONAL. WOW HAVE I SAID HOW MUCH I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY/THIS PLACE YET?! I LOVE IT. So Brother Juan Uceda of the Seventy spoke to us about his conversion story. It reminded me so much of your conversion story, grandma and grandpa :) AND MAN. Family. Friends. Loved ones. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE be brave. Share the gospel with everyone. I don't know how to stress it enough. My biggest regret in life is not being a better member missionary while in high school. The gospel is a blessing in my life. Is it a blessing in yours? Don't you want your friends and family members to feel the same joy that you have from knowing your family will be together after this life? PLEASE have courage and share the gospel. YOU CAN DO IT. I AM PRAYING FOR YOU. The elect are EVERYWHERE around the world. They're in Central Point, OR; Vidor, TX; Provo, UT...etc :)

I have loved the MTC. I'm so sad to be leaving...especially all the friends I have here. Especially my district. These elders and sisters that I've spent 24/7 with for the last 6 weeks have made me into a better disciple of Christ. BUT I am so excited to go to Romania. My Romanian is pretty much as good as a 2 year old's, but I love the people there already. I can't really explain the kind of love I have for them, even though I've never met them. They are God's beloved children, just as we are. And there are people out there ready to hear the gospel. I know that. Without a doubt. Eastern Europe or not, the elect are waiting and READY FOR ME TO SMILE ALL THE TIME AT THEM EVEN IF IT FREAKS THEM OUT haha :) 

But thanks for your prayers. Seriously. I can't stress that enough. The power of prayer is UNREAL. I love being able to communicate 24/7 with The Most High God through prayer. What a blessing that is. 

NEXT TIME I EMAIL YOU I'LL BE IN A CREEPY INTERNET CAFE SOMEWHERE IN ROMANIA!!!!!!!!!!! xoxo

Cu drag,
Sora Idiart 

With our Branch President (President Taylor) and his wife!
Don't you love how creative I've become with my outfits? Haha :)

V. Trottier had the best birthday! Thanks to everyone who sent him dear elders. Friday was a fun day :)

They made us move rooms....very frustrating, but we rang in the move with a mirror selfie DUH


SISTER CASE

4 Days People . . . . . FOUR DAYS
Elder Gorze!!!!!!!!!!  Oh how fun it is to have Wardies at the MTC :)


The best part about all the sisters forgetting their cameras.....is that
we can later take pictures of the pictures the elders take!
Because we can't get emails from them :-)
EXACT OBEDIENCE BRINGS BLESSINGS WOOT WOOT



No comments:

Post a Comment