March 13, 2017

THIS WEEK WAS REALLY GOOD

HEY FAM

MOLDOVA ROCKS

THEY HAVE A DAY SPECIFICALLY JUST TO CELEBRATE WOMEN. Not just moms and grandmas and aunts. BUT ALL WOMEN. HECK YEAH. More to come on that. 

Who is Jesus Christ? Here is a real good explanation. Mosiah 3:5-11. Also. Notice the shout out to His mom, Maria? #Women'sDay

Okay. So. Moldova. Seriously my favorite country. I never want to leave. 

March 8th=Women's Day. You better BELIEVE I'm gonna celebrate this holiday when I'm back in Statule Unite.  Okay so one of our english students brought me and Sora L flowers. Tender. I ended up giving them away to a very sad girl. Which made her smile. Cool :) 

ALSO the 12 elders here in Chisinau did a real nice thing. They prepared a feast for us sisters - there are only 4 of us in all of Moldova - which included poorly cut up fruit and brownies that maybe accidentally had 2 cups of salt instead of two cups of sugar.......but they sang "As Sisters in Zion" for us in Russian and gave us MORE flowers and these little strange hairclips as gifts . . . oh, Elders. 
SO MARCH 8TH IS MY VERY FAVORITE HOLIDAY OTHER THAT CHRISTMAS, EASTER, AND MY BIRTHDAY (which is coming up. Don't forget ;))))))  

Also. Miracles this week. Our investigator Maria is getting baptized!!!!! Unfortunately, her mom is pretty much NOT on board.....so she can't get baptized until her 18th birthday (June 10th). But you better believe Saturday the 10th she will be getting baptized. When we asked her why she wants to be baptized, she gave a very simple and sweet answer: "God spoke to my soul and told me it is the right thing to do." :') tears of joy. Just within the last few weeks of meeting with her, she has made REAL progress. Knowing that God loves you and knows you gives you a real sense of confidence. 

We had dinner with one of our less-active BFF's, Lariska, this week. She is from the Netherlands. She is my favorite human. During dinner we talked a lot about trials and challenges we have. Our trials and challenges are specifically given to us to handle. Our hardest trials may be easy for others. They may be unmanageable for others. Same principle applies for other's trials in our perspective. You just have to keep going. This mission may always seem happy and positive from my emails, and it truly is, but I also go through hard things! The thing that matter in the end is how we react to our trials. Will you choose to learn from them or will you choose to let them break you. GOD DOES NOT GIVE YOU THINGS YOU CANNOT HANDLE. YOU GOT THIS. 1 Corinthians 10:13

So anyways, I love you all and I pray for you all and I hope that you all have a great week. I am happy and healthy and JUST SO HAPPY TO BE A MISSIONARY. Thank you for the love, support, and prayers. You guys are the best. 

xoxoxoxo
Sora Idiart 


Also...sorry about this pictures this week. The batteries in my camera died. And I kept forgetting to buy batteries. And I forgot to buy them this week. BUT enjoy this video of the elders singing and then also our english student Petru with the flowers he bought us. Hahahaha. ​

NOTE FROM SARAH: I couldn't get the video to upload.  I think it's too big.  Just imagine some really bad, monotone singing from these cute missionary faces.  I responded to Emma's email, telling her the whole world celebrates Women's Day and this was her response: "psh. we never celebrated it like they do in moldova. ppl get school off. like high school was out for the rest of the week and college was off for the day and like many women didn't have to go into work. basically stores closed to be able to celebrate women. so great. "

No comments:

Post a Comment