March 27, 2017

YIPPEEEE THE BIG 20

Hello everyone who I love.

THANK YOU FOR ALL THE BIRTHDAY LOVE AND WISHES. Today was wonderful. I took a 20 minute nap. Much needed after Daylight Savings yesterday. Also I ate cheesecake (THAT ACTUALLY TASTED ALMOST LIKE AMERICAN CHEESECAKE) for breakfast. #missionmiracles  Sora L is the best and got me a Romanian Bible in Russian letters. I am so stoked. 

OH ALSO TRANSFERS CAME OUT: I'm still in Chisinau with Sora Langenstein. MIRACLE. And remember my sweet Sora Dusie (Dusenberry) - one of my comps in the MTC? WELL SHE IS COMING HERE. TO CHISINAU. And serving with Sora Strader. Elder Lemon - also from my MTC group - left me :') but all is well. So let's get on with it. 

The scripture I want to share with you this week comes from President Ivory. Last night on the MLC call he had us read Alma 16:14. The word that he emphasized and which stuck out to me was "continually". I've been thinking a lot about that word. And realized that hmmmm I have been slacking the last few weeks in my urgency to continually be sharing the gospel. So after some repenting, I'm ready again to hit the road running. STOKED.

This week was great. Flew by. I will keep this short because I have like 900 pictures to send BUT here are the highlights:
We showed the movie: "Joseph Smith: The Prophet of the Restoration" and two of our investigators came! So much fun. It was almost like going to see Beauty and the Beast in theaters.....except not :') 

MY CUTE SORA SCHOW CAME BACK TO CHISINAU FOR THE DAY FOR AN EXCHANGE. We had a good long chat about life. Had some great lessons. It was so great to be with her. I love her. She is my fave. 

We're teaching one of the recent converts - Iulia - about the Plan of Salvation/aka reading Moses with her. She is so funny and sweet and cute. She just opened up her mission papers! SO EXCITED FOR THE FUTURE SORA IULIA :)

One of the members, Mariana, came a did a little mini mission with us all day on Saturday. It was great. She is cute and fun and the best. All these people are. I recognize I say that a lot. But it's true. They are. 

Uhm also. Sora L and I tried to do some sugar waxing on my legs. Secret: I didn't shave one time all winter. The beginning of October until today................hahah gross, I know. ANYWAYS: So we attempted sugar waxing. Went terribly wrong. I know have a thumb sized 2nd degree burn on my leg. Hurts like heaven. Hahahahahaha. Elder Edwards says that I may have trouble tanning in that (semi-large) area for the rest of my life.....hahahahha I can't stop laughing. 

Okay this actually turned out to be a long email hahaha. Anyways. LOVE YOU ALL THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL THE LOVE AND SUPPORT. Seriously. I was blown away. You all rock. I pray for you and love you all.

xoxoxo
Sora Idiart 

Darn, I ran out of time to caption these. just enjoy. 

(But Good Ol' Mom did some Google Searching and found that these pics are from what looks like a Preparation Day trip to Orheiul Vechi, the most popular tourist destination in Moldova.  It's a Orthodox Monastery carved into limestone cliffs overlooking the Raut River.  The Cave-Like Monastery was dug by monks in the 13th Century and inhabited until the 18th century. In 1905 an additional church was build above ground, but shut down by Communists in 1944. Everything was opened in 1996 and the church is used today by the three surrounding little towns.  Women must cover their heads in the Monastery and shorts are forbidden.  It looks like the Sister Missionaries took photos on top of the caves, inside the cave and in front of the cave windows.  Also, if you're reading this far. . . Emma's silly finger placement, while I'm sure isn't meant to be disrespectful has significance.  I'm going to email her about the significance, it's actually quite meaningful!  In Orthodox paintings/carvings, Christ and certain Saints fingers are placed in a similar way to Emma's attempt.  They're meant to form the letters ICXC which are the first and last letters of Jesus and Christ in Greek.  The Index finger points upward, forming an "I."  The middle finger is curved to form a "C,"  The fourth finber crosses over the thumb to form an "X," while the little finger is curved in a manner similar to that of the middle finger, thereby forming another "C.")



No comments:

Post a Comment