July 10, 2017

WELL SOMETIMES SATAN WORKS HARD BUT THEN YOU STILL WIN MWUAHAHAHA

HI FAM + PRIETENI :) 

La mulți ani to the greatest parents this world has ever seen. I love and adore you. Miss you loads. So glad that you are celebrating together<333333333333 mulți înainte :)

So here is a scripture which will lead into the explanation on this CRAZY WEEK :-) Alma 26:12 "Yea, I know that I am nothing; as to my strength I am weak; therefore I will not boast of myself, but I will boast of my God, for IN His strength I can do all things; yea, behold, many mighty miracles we have wrought in this land, for which we will praise His name forever." Guys. If ever I needed a scripture more in my life than this one. Man. Let me explain why:

This week we met with Ala. Ala is our 40ish year old investigator. I think I mentioned her a few weeks ago. Well lately she's just been MIA. But her baptism was planned for this week. Since we hadn't been able to meet up with her consistently to teach her the rest of the lessons (commandments and what have you), we had decided to push her baptismal date back a week or two. Well we met with her on Tuesday. She was STOKED to get baptized still. So. Ya know. We decided to more forward with it. And just teach her all the lessons that we still needed to teach her this past week. This verse in Alma was one of the verses that I read to help calm my worried heart about her not being ready. I've seen SO MANY MIGHTY miracles on my mission, so why not one more? Sora Nemelka, along with the Godfrey's, worked really hard to get her prepared. We called and talked to President Hettinger, and he gave us the green light. Well. Friday roles around. We get a call from Ala saying that she just can't go through with the baptism tomorrow. AFTER we had told all of the missionaries to invite their friends, members, etc. It was disheartening, BUT YA KNOW WHAT? I had told myself, "I'm going to move forward with faith. Ala needs the blessings in her life that will come after being baptized and receiving the gift of the Holy Ghost. But ya know. Heavenly Father. I need to know for sure. So if the timing isn't your timing, then PLEASE LET US KNOW."

We He sure did let us know hahahahaha :) So. No baptism. But Ala still wants to learn and continue to progress towards baptism. So this scripture gave me double comfort this week. Lessons learned: TRUST in Heavenly Father, move forward with faith, don't get discouraged, keep going, love the work you're doing, etc. It was a good learning and growing experience - SO Satan worked hard, but he didn't win. He will NEVER win.

Also another Satan moment: Sora Nemelka got food poisoning....which consisted of me being up all night with her, and her being up all night.....but puking. And then staying in all day and updating our area book <333333333 I also do not understand how I used to function on 3 hours of sleep????????? DEFINITELY cannot do that anymore....... hahahahah :) 

One super duper highlight is that we started a Young Women's program for some of the girls here. Most of the members here are too old for Young Women's but A LOT of our investigators aren't. So us and the other sisters are taking turns every week to teach. SUPER FUN. This past Sunday was the first week. It was great. Brought back some really sweet memories. SHOUT OUT TO ALL THE GREAT AND MANY YOUNG WOMEN'S LEADERS WHICH I HAD. WOULDN'T BE HERE WITHOUT YOUR LOVE AND SUPPORT. XOXOX YOU THE REAL HEROES. 

ALSO PRESIDENT AND SORA HETTINGER ARE HERE AND THEY ARE THE COOLEST!!!!!!!!! I miss the Ivory's 900% of the time, but I'm SO STOKED to get to work with the Hettinger's. Seriously. We had a skype meeting with them and all the other missionaries. It's gonna be a gooooooooooood next bit of the mish (unspecified time b/c who is counting?????) 

Okay sorry. Long email hahaha. But that was my week. I know that Heavenly Father and our Savior Jesus Christ will ALWAYS help us when we need it. Okay. Love you. You're all in my prayers. Go help someone today. And tomorrow. And everyday. Smile at strangers. Give someone a hug. Church is true. Gospel is also true. Jesus loves you. Thanks for all your love and support!

xoxoxoxo
Sora Idiart 

american flags came in handy. #merica #thanksdrew #hahahaha

sacred grove of sacred grove? #1820

cute Ana Maria after church on Sunday. 
She's one of our friends who is starting to read the Book of Mormon this week! :)

Our Young Women <3333333 

lol for "Family Night" we had a huge water fight. Everyone for some reason decided to gang up on me???? I don't understand?????? but I was completely drenched from head to toe. It was just really fun :-) like that big garbage can? Yeah. That got dumped on me :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment