May 29, 2017

SURPRISE BAPTISM WHIPPED TOGETHER IN LITERALLY 24 HOURS

HELLO FAMILY WHAT A GREAT WEEK THIS WAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is a scripture to boost your spirits. It boosted mine. It is amazing. 1 Nephi 11:17. I don't really know jack squat about the gospel, life, etc. But I do know what Nephi knew. God loves His children. He loves you and me. He loves the person who cut you off in traffic. He loves the lady who spit on you after seeing your name tag. He loves us all. So lets do a little better at loving others, because He loves them. Also. It's okay to not know everything. As long as we continue like Nephi did: seeking, pondering, asking :)

SO HERE IS THE EXCITING NEWS. CHIRIL GOT BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!! Chiril is the little brother of Adriana, a recent convert who was baptized about a year ago. Chiril couldn't get baptized when Adriana did because he has a little bit less than wonderful, alcoholic mom who would never give him permission, or give Adriana legal guardianship over him....although the mom hasn't been in the picture for the last few years and Adriana has been raising him. Basically call of the missionary companionships have been working and teaching Chiril - every 3 months Adriana leaves to go work in Germany. So we would take turns teaching him, picking him up for church, checking up on him, etc. President Ivory gave the okay to have him baptized, without needing his mom's permission on Wednesday. The other sisters (currently working with him, as of two weeks ago) talked about baptism with him on Friday. And BAM. The next day he was baptized. Basically Saturday was the best day of my life. It was like watching my child get baptized. I literally love him. He is the best. HAPPIEST DAY OF MY LIFE.

Also we had an amazing - final :( - Zone Conference with President and Sora Ivory. I love them. They are the best. Will shed many tears when they leave. BUT ALSO I'M SO STOKED FOR PRESIDENT AND SORA HETINGER TO GET HERE. The thing I'm going to change in my life after the conference is trying to be more FILLED with faith. I need it. The work is hard. But when we have faith, MIRACLES DO HAPPEN. LIKE CHIRIL GETTING BAPTIZED. Amazing. 

That's all for today. Love you all. Thanks for always praying and loving and supporting and encouraging me. I love you and pray for you daily. 

xoxoxo
Sora Idiart 

THE KING AND QUEEN OF THIS WORLD (The Ivorys, My Mission President/wife)

Adriana and Chiril.......power team of Chisinau

Chiril <33333333333333

No comments:

Post a Comment